CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

updates and countdowns

well, ive been in texas since tuesday, and it has been an eventful (while still relaxing) vacation so far. we've been with katie and raegan and their kids, and they have been very willing and patient subjects for my photography experiments, to which i am most grateful :). i'll try to get pictures up asap. ive been checking the internet nonstop and have found some of the things on my list for my new apt, but i cant buy anything yet until i get paid and get back to utah. i have already drawn a floorplan and figured out how i'd like to set up my furniture, and ive even had some very thoughtful friends offer to let me have or borrow some furniture, so that is making this whole process even more exciting!

in other news, all of my friends tease me about how i look forward to events. i have learned that my life is base on countdowns. countdowns to birthdays, holidays, vacations, summertime, the end of school, the beginning of school, etc etc. as soon as one is done, i can always find a new event to countdown. i guess i was always a little goal (and number) oriented. so without further ado, here are a few things i've counted lately:

5 1/2: # of days in texas
2: # of times ive gone swimming this summer
8: average time im woken up in the morning
729: amount of dollars my dream sectional costs at costco
108: highest temperature outside since ive been here
4: # of movies watched
11: # of raspberries given on my calves and elbows by the nephews in an attempt to wake me up this morning
322: # of pictures taken on my camera (so far)
27: # of text messages recieved since ive been out of utah

....and that's about the extent of my creativity. yeah. it's too hot to think here. on a random note, we watched confessions of a shopoholic last night, and i LOVED it. i read the book (by sophie kinsella), and i would have to say that i did like it a lot, although the author is british and with that comes LOTS of language. im really surprised it tanked, though. there was all of one cuss word, it made me laugh several times, and isla fisher is a very good actress (in my opinion). if you havent read the book, i would strongly suggest seeing the movie instead. you'll bypass a lot of language, and you'll get the overall message of the story. men be warned: it is on the chick flick side of things (but didnt you expect that?) anyway....i'll be buying it for sure. it's a good one.

okay. i think i should straighten my hair and put on makeup for the first time this week. we have church this morning, so i figure i should be a little more put together. my family's stuck with me, whether or not i have my hair done! :)

0 comments: