CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

i am in love with fall break.

holy cow. i think i had the most productive day that ive ever had in my entire life, and i owe it all to the lovely vacation that is fall break. thanks to all of the hunters in utah, the second week in october has become a state holiday (or least that is what i was told fall break originated from). i was up late last night making a to-do list, since i have now excepted my ocd behavior and my incessant need to make check marks to feel accomplished, and i got to check LOTS of things today! here is my list as of 6:45 tonight:

-balanced checkbook
-got smog and emissions check on my car
-took driver's license written test and got a UT license
-changed title and registration of car over to my name
-got UT car tags
-registered to vote in ut
-set up utilities for the apt
-signed up and paid for car insurance for the next 6 months!
-opened a new checking acct for fun money (so i don't overdraft or take imp money on accident)
-made an excel spreadsheet to budget my different accts
-set up auto bill pay for my student loans and savings accts
-transfered money for loans
-cleaned out car
-surface cleaned bedroom

yeah. maybe you arent impressed, but i was very proud of myself. i was so efficient, in fact, that i had time to eat lunch and watch a few episodes of the office with brad during his break! anyway....now i only have about 67 more things on my to do list. if the nest few days are as productive as today has been, it's totally possible to get it all done. gold star for me!

4 comments:

Kim Ence said...

You are my hero! I never get that much done in one day! As a matter of fact it's 9:40pm here and I haven't even showered yet! Yikes!

Bethanne said...

Yeah, and watch 2 full seasons and a few new ones of Chuck to catch up. Seriously, Mal, you will LOVE it. Watch the 2 minute episodes from the first season on NBC.com and see what you think. I've found it even funnier than the Office lately (and you know how much I LOVE the Office).

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

oh i am VERY impressed. and i love checking things off too. and post-it notes. and re-writing to-do lists. and planning my school schedules months in advance. and and and. haha

Amanda said...

I'm glad you finally updated your blog :) and I'm SO SUPER glad you came into work on Friday!!! That totally made my whole week! And we need to get planning that double date!
So, I tagged you on my blog, if you want to check it out and do it on your blog, feel free! :)