CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

my own place

it's been a very long weekend. while i relish the time i have to veg and stare blankly at the 200th+ episode of scrubs in a row (one of my all time favorite shows, and im finally on the 6th season and almost caught up to the new episodes!), brad and i were both pretty sick. he has a major sinus infection and has managed to cover my coffee table in snotty tissues and cranberry juice. i, on the other hand, have had major stomach issues lately and can eat barely anything before i get terrible stomach cramps and cannot move for long periods of time. needless to say, he came over after work and we both passed out. being with him calms me down and makes me feel better, but boy did i look frumpy today. anyway...the point is that we havent felt good.

so we camped out in the living room. i attempted to do lesson plans while intermittently running to the bathroom, while he sniffled his way through one math textbook chapter after another. we watched byu thrash wyoming (yay for shut outs!), and we even got to just relax for a bit. i started to feel better around 5:30 and brad went home to do homework while i ran some very necessary errands. as soon as i was done, he came back over. as we continued to work, we both started to not feel well again, so he fell asleep on the couch while i passed out on the floor.

and here is my problem. over the years, i have managed to have my share of roommates. not just any roommates, but BAD roommates. psycho ones, ones that got kicked out of school, dirty ones, awkward ones, you name it, i had it as a roommate. so as i looked for a new place to live this year, i was very determined to find a place where i might have normal roommates whom i could (heaven forbid) be friends with. and so far, so good. mostly. both of my roommates are very nice, but im just with brad and doing work so often that ive never really talked to them. my only complaint here is the fact that one of my roommates is CONSTANTLY rearranging everything in my kitchen. doesnt seem too odd, except that when i run into the kitchen to pack my lunch (and i usually have aout 20 seconds to do so), 90% of the time i cannot find my stupid lunchbox or tupperware because she moves them EVERY SINGLE DAY. i also have noticed that i will run out to my car and come back, and the food i had been eating was put away, dishes stacked and the table cleared off. a bit OCD, im learning.

so tonight i was extra irritable. i just wanted to cuddle with brad, but the stinking couch isnt even wide enough for one person, let alone 2. plus, when i get sick, im always freezing cold. when brad gets sick, he's always burning up, so cuddling isnt his first choice. i was admittedly sad about that. brad finally fell asleep and i was getting sleepy and turned off the tv when my one roommate came into the kitchen. if you dont know, my kitchen and living room are open into each other, so this means that she turned on all the kitchen lights. this woke both brad and me up. mind you, it was after 11PM. i figured she would put away some dishes and be done, but no. she continued to start cooking something very stinky (she isnt American, and she really makes stinky food and it bothers me) for the next hour! she just kept chopping and chopping....i was so mad!

i think what it comes down to is that im tired of having roommates that i dont want. nothing against them, but i want my own place where i can sleep on the couch if i darn well want to, and i dont want to have to worry about if they need to cook late at night. URGH! brad thought i was being ridiculous. really, i just want to choose my own roommate and not have to worry about anyone else reorganizing my kitchen in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

Kim Ence said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Sounds yucky and like no fun at all! I do have a suggestion for solving the roommate issue but I am going to keep it to myself! Love you!

Bethanne said...

Yep, I can't say that anyone envies the fact that you still have roommates...However, you CAN change the situation. Yeah?